I love, love, love clothing that can be worn two years in a row--especially Christmas clothing since it only comes around once a year. This is the dress Logan wore for Christmas Eve last year and since we've got our small group Christmas party tonight, I pulled it out for her to wear again this year. She wore it as a dress last year and is wearing it as a cute little tunic top this year. What's even more special? I wore this dress when I was a baby! She's been walking around all day saying, "mama dress" and pointing to it.
This morning Logan and I cleaned out her toybox in effort to make room for some of the new goodies she'll be getting this year. She also had a TON of baby toys in there that no longer get used so I told her we needed to make a pile of toys for her and a pile of toys to save for baby brother. She got very into it and I think she may have put away more toys for her brother than she actually realizes... She did want to experiment and play with each one before deciding, though:Logan's got a light up Santa ornament that has her name on it, but we've used all of it's juice up and it no longer lights up anymore. Instead of spending $10 on batteries, she and I ventured out to Kohl's this morning and picked up a new one for $2. Next year I'll buy several of the Logan ones so that we don't run into this problem again. :) She calls it her "o-ment" (ornament).
Speaking of our small group Christmas party, Logan and I had some fun making some goodies for it this afternoon! We made these yummy cookie dough truffles (with safe, eggless, cookie dough). Logan was a big help rolling the cookie dough balls to be dipped until she gave me the puppy dog eyes (indicating she really wanted to taste it)...I let her have one bite and then realized after several minutes that she had devoured TWO of our cookie dough balls (and they weren't tiny!). At this point I gave her another job ;). Here she is showing them off:
(yes she's wearing her sunglasses backwards...we don't know why she does this)
Then, we made an igloo cheese ball. It had all of Logan's favorite things in it so she really, really enjoyed helping with this one and then getting to taste some of it. She's turning into quite the little Vanna White, isn't she?



No comments:
Post a Comment