Yesterday we went to one of the malls in Raleigh because we were out in the area and we needed to pick up a few last minute Christmas things. We popped into one of their maternity stores to pick up a few pregnancy necessities and I just had to share how wonderful the experience was for all THREE of us. Mike does not enjoy shopping very much, and while Logan enjoys picking out things for herself and pulling random clothing off of racks, she does make it difficult to shop when I need things for myself. This is what we found when we walked into this store:
They do indeed have an entirely closed off space full of fun activities for toddlers (mine chose to climb the table instead of playing with anything else) and a nice TV playing cartoons. What you can't see is on the other side of this TV is another TV playing sports center and two leather man chairs. So yes, I was able to shop and find everything I needed and not worry about boring the life out of my family! We need more places like this. (say, the grocery store? ;))
When Carolyn was here last week, she shared some silly bands with Logan. If you don't know what they are, look them up....they're just as crazy of an obsession as Furbies were when I was 13. (yes, I just dated myself like I used to make fun of older people for doing. let's just leave it at that, it depresses me a little.) Anyway, Logan loved Carolyn's and when we walked into a store yesterday that had some (on major clearance, mind you), she went nuts and wanted to be "like An Tare!" So we picked up a box and she's been playing with them NON-STOP since we brought them home. (She woke up this morning and asked where they were)
Showing them all off:
Please don't take this as a hint that we might need more of them...I'm already finding them in places like my pillowcase, my purse and Mike's socks. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment