Friday, February 18, 2011

38 Weeks

Today I'm 38 weeks pregnant! It's been quite an eventful day. We woke up early this morning so that we could get ready to head to the hospital for the external version. Logan helped pick her outfit this morning (she'd wear the tangled shirt every day and every night if I let her) and then loaded her backpack and went over to a neighbor's house.

I was pleasantly surprised that the version didn't hurt at all. In fact, I didn't even really feel the pressure a lot of people said to expect. It was pretty easy and took all of about a minute to do. They flipped him head down and double checked he was still there before we left. All would have been smooth but after he had flipped I started having some pretty major contractions so they kept me there to monitor me and make sure they hadn't jump started labor. About two hours after the procedure they discharged me. I have another appointment on Weds to double check that he's still where he should be. At this point, anything goes! We're hoping to hold off on the baby at least until we can get rid of the colds in our house.

They told me to take it easy today after the whole thing so Mike took Logan and I out on a date tonight so I wouldn't have to cook. Logan ate beforehand and so all she requested at the restaurant was a cup of water and some french fries. She was a happy camper when they brought her the big bowl of them and sat contentedly while she munched on them.


She asked Mike to take her on her next "day" (date) to chick-a-le. It's a little more her style. Keep praying that little boy stays put!




No comments: