Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Dimp

There are a few places Logan and I frequent every week and so when we go to walk out the door, if you ask her where we're going, she'll go through the list....

"Tar?" (target)

"Tols?" (Kohls--where we go when we need to get out of the house)

"Chur?" (Church)

and "Ribry?" (Library)

Today was library day.



We make this trip whenever the books I've been reading during her naps or after she goes to bed (when Mike works) are running low....or when I get tired of reading the same 4 books over and over and over again to Logan. Today Mike was at home studying and needed a quiet house and I have less than half a book left (and I think I've read the Curious George books we got last week at least 1,000 times) so Logan and I packed up and headed over to the library. I love that she loves to read and that she asks to go to the library to get new books. Her favorite part about going, though? The "dimp." That would be what Logan calls the hand stamp they give her every time we go. She talks about it for the rest of the day and shows it to anyone who will look. Then she will ask when we can go back to the library for another dimp all week long. I've thought about getting a small set of stamps for the house but I really love that it's something thats special to the library so I think I'll leave it as a treat she gets when we go there.

After the library we headed off to sonic so that we could get Logan a cup of crushed ice. She loves to chew on it and it's a great way for me to get some water into her body without having to force her to drink it.

I'm trying to really enjoy all of these precious moments that Logan and I get together because I know it's going to get a lot harder to do some of them when we have #2. We're really looking forward to having him here, but I want to love every second I have with my firstborn before we add another.


No comments: