...stubborn kid is still butt down. It only took a few seconds of feeling around for the OB to realize and confirm that he's breech. I think he was head down but last night I definitely felt a complete flip and there was no doubt in my mind when I woke up this morning that he was back to breech, I had just hoped that maybe I was wrong. The good news? He's not engaged at all in the pelvis and is just kind of floating around breech so we scheduled a version for Friday morning and they'll try and manually turn him.
Thankfully, the Dr. listened to my concerns and has decided to hold off one more week before scheduling a c-section. I guess it's pretty typical to schedule it when you're breech at 37 1/2 weeks but after I laid out my feelings about the section with her she said she'd let me wait it out and see if the version works and if not see if we can give him one more week to do it on his own. A good portion of her decision did rest on the fact that he's not engaged and so there's still wiggle room for him to do some maneuvering. Still praying for a flip, but we also know that God is sovereign and that he's not punishing me or sentencing me to something horrible if I need to have a c-section. I'm not angry or super upset, I'd just like to deliver naturally if possible.



No comments:
Post a Comment