Really, this is the one word I had hoped to avoid this pregnancy because I had heard it so much with Logan's pregnancy. Logan was breech until I was almost 36 weeks pregnant, she actually flipped the morning that we were due to schedule a c-section. This baby has looked fantastic so far, he was head down at 19 weeks and had stayed that way until a few weeks ago. I thought he may have turned but was sure I was wrong until I went in for my appointment today and while the Dr. was checking for dilation (a little more than a centimeter so far) she made the comment, "huh...that doesn't feel like a head, it feels more like an ankle." uh-oh. Really? So in rolls the ultrasound machine and sure enough, little stinker has his head comfortably rested right up against the middle of my rib cage.
Logan has been trying her best to get the baby to flip by saying, "flip, baby, flip, flip flip, gooooo!"

At this point all I can think is, "what is it about my children that makes them insist on being late in pregnancy breech babies?" I think they just want to be stubborn and see me squirm. Regardless, I'm going to be proactive about this and this baby will turn. I hope. The first thing the Dr. suggested was to lay upside down on an ironing board that is leaned up against the couch for 10-15 minute incriments twice a day. Easier said than done. Logan's been trying really hard to keep me focused and entertained but that 10 minutes feels like an eternity!

Tomorrow I go in for a chiropractic visit so they can do a Webster's Adjustment on me. This seems to be my best bet, it's got an 85% success rate for getting stubborn babies to flip so we're crossing our fingers (read: fervently praying) that this works and when we go in next week he'll have turned. Otherwise we'll schedule a version, which is where they'll admit me as an outpatient in labor and delivery and then will try to manually turn the baby. It's not the best option, it's painful and it only has about a 58% success rate, but I like those odds better than having a c-section. And if that doesn't work they'll go ahead and schedule a c-section for sometime around 39 weeks (that's two weeks away). Please, please, please pray that this little boy flip and that we can go ahead with a natural delivery. I really want a natural birth and really, really don't want to have to recover from a section with a two year old running around (though, I do know it's possible and that I'll have help). I'll post more after my adjustment tomorrow!

1 comment:
i saw the title of this post and my stomach dropped. praying for you and little man this week, friend.
Post a Comment